Curriculum Change Requests
All proposed changes to the Doctor of Medicine (MD) program require consultation, review, and approval by the UGME governance committees prior to implementation. The policy for Curriculum Changes in the M.D. Program outlines the process for requesting a change to the MD curriculum and define the criteria for consideration of each request as a major or minor curriculum change.
Minor Curriculum Content Changes
Minor curriculum content changes include revisions which do not significantly impact the intended content and/or delivery of the curriculum. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Session title modification;
- Re-wording of session objectives;
- Adding or removing objectives for a session;
- Assigning objectives to a different session;
- Changing session teaching and learning methods;
- Splitting a session into multiple sessions; merging multiple sessions into one.
Major Curriculum Content Changes
Major curriculum content changes include revisions that significantly modify the intended content and/or delivery of the curriculum. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Increasing or decreasing the length of time for a session;
- Moving a session to a different theme or Phase;
- Adding or removing a session in a course;
- Assessment method changes.
To request consideration of a change to the MD program, please complete the Curriculum Change Request form.
Questions related to this process may be addressed to the Curriculum and Accreditation Advisor via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.