Functions of the Board
- To plan and conduct fund raising programs following reference to and liaison with other appropriate University administrative authorities, e.g. University Relations and the Office of Alumni Affairs and Development, and specific approval by the University President on a case-by-case basis.
- To develop policies for the most effective expenditure of MRF funds within the Faculty in support of research.
- To develop and implement procedures for the review of research proposals and award of grants by the MRF.
- Meetings of the Board
- will be held a minimum of three times a year.
- minutes of all meetings will be kept.The quorum shall be 50% of the membership; each member shall have a single vote;
- the Chairperson will vote only to make or break a tie.
- Ex officio members are not voting members and do not contribute to a quorum
- an annual report, written by the chair, shall be presented for approval annually to the board, and subsequently presented to the Dean and