Preparing Your Application
To be eligible to apply to Memorial’s Medical School, the admission requirements are:
- a bachelor's degree at a recognized university or university college before admission;
- two letters of reference (one must be academic); reference guidelines are available at Reference Criteria);
- the MCAT exam written, within 5 years of the application deadline. Please refer to Important Dates.
- the Casper exam will be required annually by all applicants. Previous scores obtained are not accepted.
- applicants must be Canadian citizens or have Permanent Resident status in Canada.
For specifics on admission requirements, you should read the Memorial University of Newfoundland Calendar, paying particular attention to the Regulations for the Degree of Doctor of Medicine. Applicants should read the Technical Standards required for the practice of medicine. Full details on completing the application correctly can be found in the Application Guide, available starting June 30, 2023.
Application fees total $250. All fees are non-refundable and must be paid online by credit card.
The Online Admissions Service will open on Friday, June 30, 2023 for the 2023-2024 application cycle. The deadline for complete applications is Wednesday, August 30, 2023 @11:59PM NL time (10:30PM EST). A complete application is:
- MCAT and CASPer scores are released (even if not yet available from AAMC and Acuity Insights);
- unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended are submitted with the application;
- references are received by the deadline and adhere to the Reference Criteria.
Incomplete applications will not be considered and refunds will not be issued.