Well-Being Task Force
The Well-being Task Force
When the COVID-19 Pandemic was declared, the Faculty of Medicine recognized the potential impact on well-being amongst learners, faculty and staff. As a response to this, the Well-being Task Force was created.
Our completed mandate includes:
1. Responding to the well-being needs of the members of the FoM and creating a series of informative communications aimed at meeting those needs.
2. Creating a peer support network for UGME and PGME learners, graduate learners, faculty and staff.
3. Establishing connections within the Faculty of Medicine and Memorial University, as well as with community partners and regional health authorities, as a means of disseminating and aligning well-being information and resources.
4. Developing a robust repository of evidence-based well-being resources and information by creating a comprehensive well-being website.
5. Working with the Wellness Project Team to establish a vision for a long term approach to optimizing well-being and wellness within the Faculty of Medicine through creation of the Wellness/Well-being Advisory Council.
In consultation with all stakeholders, this group produced a series of Well-being Communique, initially twice weekly and then with a gradual reduction in frequency to once monthly, based on the needs of the Faculty of Medicine at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Faculty of Medicine Well-Being Homepage
Task Force Members:
Dr. Greg Radu, Associate Dean, Office of Learner Well-Being and Success, Task Force Lead
Dr. Ann Dorward, Assistant Dean, Research & Graduate Studies
Dr. Tracey Bridger, Assistant Dean, Faculty Wellness, Equity and Professionalism
Dr. Teri Stuckless, UCL (Career Planning and Well-being)
Dr. Erin Powell, Residency Program Well-being Lead, Internal Medicine
Dr. Ainsley Decker, Residency Program Well-being Lead, Anaesthesia
Ms. Tracey Pittman, Academic Affairs Manager
Ms. Gerona McGrath, Education Specialist
Ms. Janet Norman, Human Resources Manager
Ms. Michelle Osmond, Communications Specialist
Ms. Jill Purcell, Office of Learner Well-Being and Success Coordinator
Ms. Kelly Penton, Wellness Team Co-chair