Creating Accessible Materials
Accessibility Services (the Blundon Centre) in Student Life works with faculty and staff on the St. John's campus to assist with creating and promoting accessible learning environments.
We offer resources and support to anyone who wants to create accessible materials and spaces for learning. We can assist with creating accessible documents and presentations as well as creating equitable learning experiences for all learners.
Interested in Universal Design for Learning? Ask us how we can help.
Check out these great resources for information on creating equitable learning resources:
- CNIB Clear Print Guidelines (external link; CNIB)
- Social Media Accessibility Guide (external link; Access YYT)
- Checklist for accessible documents (PDF)
- Tips for Creating Accessible Word Documents (Word document)
- Creating accessible documents (external link; University of Washington)
- Creating accessible PowerPoint presentations (external link; Council of Ontario Universities, Accessible Campus)
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) (external link; CAST)