Connect with your Accessibility Advisor
Student Life is committed to ensuring an accessible learning environment in which all students can thrive.
Students who are registered with our office choose to meet with their Accessibility Advisor to ensure they are receiving all the supports and resources needed to thrive in university as well as identify approaches to learning that assists them with being successful in their studies.
Your Advisor can help you create an academic plan that is tailored to your strengths and reflective of your new ‘university’ student identity through experiences such as psycho-educational assessment and review; strengths-based advising and integrated referral service.
We encourage students to check-in with their advisor throughout the semester if they need to:
- Discuss learning strategies
- Get advice or guidance about assistive technologies
- Get access to Alternate Format textbooks
- Work on an application for funding
- Find out about work/career opportunities
- Explore options for scholarships
- Discuss challenges they are experiencing
- Get information about housing and campus access
Memorial University also provides workshops and seminars, led by a variety of offices, to help you discover how you learn best and to build skills to assist you with being successful here at Memorial.