Emergency Short-Term Loans
Emergency short-term loans are designed for students who need a maximum of $500 for a short period of time.
Students who need these loans can make an appointment to meet with our Student Support Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Emergency Short Term Loan application period for the Winter 2023 is now open. The application period is Jan. 4, 2023 - March 24, 2023 for undergraduate students and Jan. 4, 2023 - April 14, 2023 for graduate students.
In order to qualify for an emergency short-term loan, students must meet the following criteria:
- be registered as a full-time student.
- be in clear academic standing.
- not have any outstanding fees from previous semesters.
- have exhausted all other sources of assistance.
- be able to demonstrate the ability to repay the loan before registration opens for the next semester (i.e. official Student Loan Assessment letter, a letter from employer, bursary award letter, proof of regular income, etc.).
- be able to provide documentation of proof of need (eviction warning or notice from a landlord, utilities shut-off notice, list & prices of textbooks required, etc.).
- agree to meet with staff (in person) to discuss the loan request.
- carry a minimum of a 2.0 GPA
- The maximum short-term loan shall not exceed $500 per semester.
- Emergency short-term loans are not affiliated with student aid or other student loan programs.
- Emergency short-term loans have to be paid back within the same semester they are granted.
For more information about Emergency Short-Term Loans, please email email@example.com.