Supporting students with disabilities
Now scheduling intake appointments for Winter, Spring/Summer and Fall 2024.
The last day to register with our office for Winter is March 15th.
Location and Hours of Operation
We are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (4 p.m. during summer months)
Watch and learn more about the progams and services offered by Accessibility Services on the St. John's Campus:
Serving students and instructors
Accessibility Services (The Blundon Centre) in Student Life supports students with disabilities and related barriers to accessing post-secondary education.
Some students come to Memorial having received academic accommodations or supports in high school. Others did not have accommodations in high school and are looking for ways to reduce barriers related to mobility, ways of learning, vision and hearing, mental health and wellness, and temporary or chronic illnesses or injuries for the first time. In either case, we can help.
Our knowledgeable and caring professional staff are here to help you develop a plan that ensures you have a positive, equitable learning experience at Memorial.
- Those students not currently registered with Accessibility Services (Blundon Centre) should contact the Blundon Centre to discuss how we can support their needs.
- Returning students should reach out to their Accessibility Advisors at least annually to discuss their accommodations and make any necessary adjustments.
- Students can also contact us to discuss such things as:
- parking-related inquiries
- specific housing/residence accommodations
- alternate format textbooks
- Students use Clockwork, our online accommodations system, to request accommodations for your courses each semester, schedule a test or midterm, or book your final exam. This guide offers step-by-step instructions on how to access Clockwork through my.mun.ca.
The Blundon Centre can help faculty and staff explore ways to make classrooms and learning spaces accessible.
We can also support faculty and instructors in providing accommodations to students, including test and exam accommodations.