- The Engineering Research Office hosted a Lunch & Learn Series: Dr. Giovanni Valdre, University of Bologna, presented, "From origin of life to mechanical engineering: a multidisciplinary and cross-correlated view and approach of research and teaching at the University of Bologna."
- The Engineering Research Office hosted a Lunch & Learn Series: Kim Pearce, national training and standards officer with Transport Canada, presented on the National Aerial Surveillance Program's current state, recent advancements and an outlook on system upgrades and improvements.
- The Engineering Research Office hosted its first annual Industry Engagement Day at Emera Innovation Exchange, Signal Hill campus, which included networking and colllaborations between the university, industry and government.
- The 2022 PEOPLE Conference at the University of Prince Edward Island hosted more than 170 delegates.
- More than 300 youth participated in summer camps.
- Memorial announced a new Centre for Artificial Intelligence that will serve as a collaborative teaching, outreach and continuing education space for the province's growing technology sector.
- The Engineering Research Office hosted a Lunch & Learn Series: Dr. Aziz Rahman presented, "Advancements in oil and gas leak detection and engaging students in learning through visual demonstration models."
- The Department of Ocean and Naval Architectural Engineering participated in the university's Whale of a Day event.
- The Faculty celebrated the ninth-annual Women in Engineering Day on June 23.
- The Faculty celebrated International Women's Day on March 8.