The Mechanical Division supports the internal and external research community along with the Academic and Facilities Management activities. In the University we offer engineering design services, fabrication, calibration, and maintenance of research and testing equipment along with rapid prototype designs.
- Welding: CWB certified.
- WaterJet cutting.
- CNC Machining: Milling with 5 axis capability and turning.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) service for part inspection and reverse engineering.
- Custom model making in a variety of materials.
- Scientific Glassblowing: Design and repair of laboratory glassware.
- Repair and maintenance of research and testing equipment including vacuum pumps, autoclaves, and water purification systems.
- Biomedical equipment repair, calibration, and fabrication.
- Portable XRF
- 3D printing/ rapid prototyping
Dennis Cramm, P.Eng., Division Manager
S. J. Carew Bldg, EN1023C
Phone: (709) 864-4735/8313
Fax: (709) 864-8689