Opening a Research Account

When the necessary certifications have been awarded,  Research Initiatives & Services (RIS) will work with Financial and Administrative Services to open the research accounts.

To do so, the researcher should provide:

  • Project description: Normally, this will already have been filed with the RIS through a copy of a grant application or project proposal.
  • Copy of the award notice in the case of a research grant or the formal agreement with the company or agency in the case of a research contract or clinical trial. Any such agreement must be signed or co-signed by RIS on behalf of the university. 
  • A project budget, which in the case of research contracts or clinical trials must make provision for university indirect costs (overheads). 
  • Departmental and faculty approval. 
  • Approvals for use of human subjects, animals or biohazardous materials if applicable to the project.