Professional Development Programs
Several professional development programs are available to faculty members. In the Faculty of Medicine, professional development programs for healthcare professionals are offered through the Office of Professional Development (OPD).
Faculty of Medicine programs:
Continuing Professional Development for healthcare professionals including
- Online continuing medical education via MDcme.ca
- The available modules are accredited for CFPC and/or RCPSC members and eligible for CME study credits.
- Registration is free for all faculty members.
- Onsite continuing professional development
- Wednesday @ Noon – Ask the Consultant
- Accredited and eligible for CME study credits.
- Registration is free for all faculty members
- Practice Based Preceptor Online Modules (www.practicebasedpreceptor.ca)
- Learner in Difficulty module available through this program.
- Certificate in Medical Teaching
- Medical Education Rounds
- CanMEDs Competency Support programs
- Foundation Course in Occupational Medicine for family and community based physicians
- Physician Management and Leadership Program
- Communication for International Medical Graduates Program
- Faculty Orientation
A variety of workshops by the Health Sciences Library are also available to all faculty members:
Memorial University programs:
Non-clinical and clinical faculty members can utilize programs for educators offered through the Centre for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL):