There is a half-day protected academic time each week to accomplish the following:
- Complete Memorial University's online multidisciplinary course: Certificate in Health Equity, including required readings, online modules, and live or online group discussions. 12 module certificate in Global/Local Health Equity.
- Collaborate with CUP faculty and community partners in an ongoing longitudinal scholarly project (e.g., research, program evaluation, etc.), which is integrated into the CUP Program's learning objectives and designed to contribute to the required competencies.
- Write monthly reflective essays that consider how the broad range of learning experiences gained inform each other and influence the resident's development.
- Participate in a Contextualized Health Research Synthesis Program (CHRSP) with the Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Applied Health Research (NLCAHR).
- Prepare and present at one Family Medicine Academic Half-day session.