Build Your Academic Portfolio
Building your academic competency throughout graduate school is a high priority in an increasingly competitive environment. It is important to develop strong proficiency in this area to ensure academic and career success.
Develop your writing skills.
- Watch this comprehensive academic writing video series
- Learn how to avoid procrastination and deal with criticism
- Check out this selection of peer-reviewed online writing resources
Publish your research work.
- View this video playlist for presentations on publishing in peer-reviewed journals
Prepare to develop and write your thesis.
- Learn how to plan your thesis
- Familiarize yourself with the necessary steps to help you draft and submit your thesis
- See these helpful tips on formatting your thesis from The Commons at Memorial
- Attend Nexus Centre Writing Bootcamps for a supportive writing environment
- See the events calendar to register for our 5-day Thesis Writing Retreat
Present at conferences and communicate your research.
- Attend or submit an abstract for the annual Aldrich Interdisciplinary Graduate Research Conference hosted by the Graduate Student Union (GSU)
- Learn how to get the most out of attending a conference
- Know where to go to apply for conference funding
- Master the art of presenting with these tips for developing effective presentation skills
Understand grants, proposals and scholarships writing.
- Check out grant writing tips and strategies for success
- See the events calendar to register for sessions such as "Tips for Writing a Research Description for a Grant Proposal"
- Explore various awards and scholarships and view Memorial's searchable awards and scholarships database
- Attend a scholarship information session