Mandate of Council
The Residence Council is an advisory body to the Director of Student Residences and Ancillary Operations. The council examines the on-campus housing rules, regulations, policies and procedures and makes recommendations to improve the quality of life for residents.
In principle, the membership of the council will be constituted so as to maximize the representation of the various constituent groups in on-campus housing. Membership will be a combination of appointed and elected members of the on-campus housing community.
The Residence Council will be chaired by a Residence Life staff person.
The remaining membership will include:
- 2 Residence Coordinators (appointed by the Director, Student Residences, by application).
- 2 student staff (appointed by the Director, by application).
- 2 house council presidents (elected by the presidents).
- 2 MUNSU residence representatives.
- 2 first-year representatives (appointed by the Director, by application).
- 2 member-at-large (by application/election).
The final selection of all applicants will take into consideration at least one representative from each of the residences (if possible) and a degree of continuity of some members from year to year.