You may complete a Major in Geography as part of either a BA or BSc program.
Students who want to declare a Major in Geography should meet with the Undergraduate Program Co-Ordinator.
It's a good idea to declare your major as early as possible in your studies. That will help you in planning the route through your degree.
Program Requirements (B.A. or B.Sc.)
1. Students may complete a Major in Geography as part of either a B.A. or B.Sc. program. See the General Regulations for the B.A. and B.Sc. degrees as appropriate.
2. All students who major in Geography should consult with the , who will help them in planning their academic programme.
3. The Major requirements consists of 15 Geography Courses (45 credit hours)
- 2001, 2102, 2195, 2302, 2425
- 3222 and 3228
- three courses from 3000-level
- two courses from 4000-level
- 490A and 490B (Note that 490A is offered in the fall semester, and 490B is offered in the winter semester)
4. B.Sc. candidates must complete 15 credit hours in science courses outside Geography at the 2000-level or above.
5. B.A. candidates must complete the B.A. core requirements. (CRW, LS, QR)