Update on IT security issue
On Dec. 29, 2023, Memorial University became aware of an issue with the information technology (IT) services at Grenfell Campus.
While the investigation into the incident is ongoing, in-person classes at Grenfell Campus resumed on Jan. 8, 2024 and IT systems and services on the St. John’s campus, which were not impacted by the incident, were extended to the Grenfell Campus to speed up recovery efforts. Work to recover systems involved in this incident is underway.
Here are the latest updates:
- Jan. 22, 2024: Message from President Bose on Grenfell Campus
- Jan. 17, 2024: Update from President Neil Bose on Grenfell Campus cybersecurity incident
- Jan. 9, 2024: Work progresses at Grenfell Campus
- Welcome, students! Message from Dr. Ian Sutherland, Jan. 7, 2024
- Jan. 6, 2024: New @mun.ca email service for Grenfell Campus faculty and staff
- Jan. 4, 2024: Work continues to prepare for the return of in-person classes at Grenfell Campus
- Jan. 2, 2024 update: IT services restored at the Marine Institute
- Jan. 1, 2024 update: Change in start of classes at Grenfell Campus
- Dec. 31, 2023 update: IT security issue impacting Grenfell Campus
For Frequently Asked Questions, including a list of Grenfell Campus emails, please visit the FAQ tab at the top of this page.
Grenfell employees can also access more information in the Employee Information tab by using their MUN login.
A number of teaching and learning tools are available to faculty, staff and students on mun.ca, when using their MUN log in. Visit here to see a list of services available.
Below are instructions on using your MUN log in if you experience issues.
Accessing your MUN Login
MUN Login is your account for accessing Memorial's online services and can be accessed directly at https://login.mun.ca/. To login to Memorial’s online services, enter your MUN Login ID and password.
Note: All Grenfell faculty, staff and students are required to change their MUN Login password if they have not done so after January 1, 2024.
As per best practice, it is recommended you never reuse passwords amongst your various accounts and online services.
Need to change your password? https://login.mun.ca/forgot-password
Forgot your MUN Login ID? https://login.mun.ca/forgot-username
Information about how to request and manage shared mailboxes in the M365 Outlook environment can be found here.
ITS Service Desk staff are available to support students, faculty and staff at Grenfell Campus.
This site will be updated as information becomes available.