We will perform histological services from sample grossing and prep through to sectioning, staining and mounting. Please see CDRF User Fees 2023 for pricing information. We can usually accommodate custom requests.
Our histology lab is equipped with a complete set of equipment required for automated processing of tissue samples, embedding, sectioning and staining. We can train students, staff or faculty on the use of this equipment which is available for booking.
- Shandon Excelsior ES Tissue Processor allows for xylene-free tissue processing.
HistoStar Embedding Workstation
- Brightly illuminated work surfaces, cool and contoured arm rests, 5 litre paraffin capacity, cold plate area for 72 base molds, large heated workspace, and specimen holding area.
Microm™ HM 525 Cryostat
- Semi-electronic cryostat with stepper motor.
HM 355S Automatic Microtome
- Designed for all applications using paraffin and hard specimens.
Varistain 24-4 Automatic Slide Stainer
- Single load, coupled loads and continuous throughput. Precise programming from minutes to seconds.