The Peer Network connects senior Memorial students to incoming first-year undergraduate students.
The Peer Network helps Memorial University’s newest students by providing advice and support to assist the successful adjustment to their new role as a university student. Every registered first-year student is matched to a senior student that has already completed their first year at Memorial, and each Success Mentor will have a group of mentees that they will meet with throughout the semester.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Check your MUN email for messages from your mentor! Your mentor will reach out to you before the first week of classes. If you haven't heard from your mentor yet, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Emails from your mentor will include a "personal availability link." Simply click on the link to see when your mentor is available to meet and book an appointment that fits your schedule.
- Log into Navigate with your MUN credentials.
- Under "Explore" on the main menu, click "Appointments"
- Click the blue button that says "Click Here To Book a Virtual Appointment."
- Select "Campus Involvement, Student Experience, Finding Your Way" from the first drop-down menu.
- Select "Peer Network" (One-on-One or Group) from the second drop-down menu.
- Choose a date and time that works for you and click "Schedule" at the bottom of the page to confirm your meeting.
Recruitment begins in January for the next academic year! We’ll put out a call for applications at that time, so keep an eye on our website and social media channels.
As a Success Mentor, you will have a lasting positive impact on the university experience of incoming first-year students while gaining meaningful connections, training workshops, and leadership skills. You will meet with your mentees in group meetings or 1-on-1.