Advanced Cardiac Life Support
As per PGME's ACLS Policy, with the exception of pediatric residents, certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required before beginning residency.
If you are currently certified in ACLS (dated within 2 years), please forward a copy of your certification card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For incoming learners without certification, for a fee, Eastern Health offers an ACLS course for new residents. The details for this year's course has yet to be finalized; however, Eastern Health has committed to providing two, single-day in-person courses in June: one on June 23, the other on June 24.
Once finalized, all information, including the registration form, will be posted below.
Note, registration will be limited and will therefore be on a "first come, first serve" basis; we strongly encourage all learners to obtain certification in advance if it is offered by your home medical school.
ACLS Registration Update:
For those who will not have current ACLS certification for July 1 (dated within two years), Eastern Health will be offering a training course as follows:
Day 1: Didactic
- A self-directed online module which must be completed by June 19
- Upon registration for Day 2 (see below) a link to the online module will be provided by Tina Cadigan, Eastern Health’s ACLS Coordinator
- Cost: $46.95
Day 2: In-Person Practical
- To be completed in St. John’s on either June 23 or June 24
- Advance registration required; registration details will be provided by the ACLS Coordinator
- Cost: $250.00 – PAID BY June 1, 2022
To participate in this course, please send an email to email@example.com. Your name and email address will be forwarded to the ACLS Coordinator and she will contact you regarding payment and registration.