Memorial’s Faculty of Medicine undergraduate program is fully accredited through 2030.
In September 2022, the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS) voted to continue accreditation for Memorial University’s MD Program to the maximum term of 8 years.
Summary of 2022 Accreditation Site Visit Findings
· 9 of 12 CACMS Standards in 'Compliance' or 'Compliance with Monitoring'
· 90 of 96 CACMS Elements rated 'Satisfactory'
· 6 'Satisfactory' Elements require ongoing monitoring
· 6 Elements rated 'Unsatisfactory' and thus require additional action and monitoring
· Follow-up Report due August 2024
o UGME will be required to submit a Follow-up Report to the CACMS in Fall 2024 to address accreditation elements rated as either 'Satisfactory with Monitoring' or 'Unsatisfactory.'
· CACMS review of Follow-up Report in September 2024